1) to discover (something) or remove it from a place where it is put away or hidden.
2) something not of this world
This one-day session is designed for church leadership and volunteers who may be involved in a project and intends to serve as their "Building Committee Training". The event is being held by Scherer Construction on March 28th, 2017 at the newly constructed Anthem Church sanctuary in Gainesville, FL. Industry experts from various companies will seek to provide a basis of knowledge about the design, permitting, and construction processes. The day will culminate in a panel of other churches discussing their projects and what surprised them about their process. Attendees will learn the terminology, timeline, costs, approaches, and cost saving methods that they can apply.
THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL SESSION! THERE IS NOTHING TO "BUY" AT THIS EVENT!
Bring your questions about your facilities and have experts give you advice!
DATE: Tuesday March 28, 2017
TIME: 8:30am - 4:00 pm
WHERE: Anthem Church
CITY: Gainesville, FL
COST: $38/attendee, includes lunch and material
SAMPLE TOPICS COVERED:
- How long does it take to design and permit a project?
- How much does site work cost on a site?
- How much can our church responsibly afford?
- What are the various methods to hire a design and construction team?
- What is not included in my project contract costs?
- How much should I have budgeted for owner purchased items such as Audio, Visual, & Lighting?
- What should I be aware of in a contract?
- What lending options are available?
- What is Master Planning?
- What are some mistakes that most churches have made in building design?
- What land characteristics should I look for when search for property?
- Is it better to build new, or remodel?
- When should I start thinking of expanding or building?
- ...much much more!